Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Start

I have started reading “To Ride a Silver Broomstick: New Generation Witchcraft” by Silver Ravenwolf.  And I am borrowing a friend, Astraea’s Idea.  Start a blog as you read along with the book.  It sounded like a pretty good idea so here I am.  I am Phoenix Passionfire.  A mom of soon to be 2, my daughter is almost 6, and I am due March 28th.   And I am engaged to a wonderful man that is yin to my yang; he balances me out.

Any who; let’s get on with it.

What is the definition of the word, Witch?  The dictionary says; somebody with alleged magic powers, a follower of nature.  But this isn’t about what the dictionary says its more about what I think the word, Witch, means.  I agree with the Dictionary on the follower of nature part.  To me, a witch, is a wise woman, or man; not the creepy, ugly, & old women that Hollywood depicts them as.  A witch is a Wise Person who knows how to work with nature and the energies around them to create positive happenings for themselves and others.

I think it is unfair how society isn’t as accepting as it should be with the practice of witchcraft and other pagan rights.  It is a religion just like Christianity, Judaism, Hindu, and Muslim; and thus I feel that people of the Pagan Faiths should be allowed to practice without be judged just as those of other faiths are.   One thing is a postitive is that I see that Society is slowly becoming more accepting of Wicca, & Paganism.  People don’t have to ‘hide’ like they used to.  They should have never had to ‘hide’ to begin with.

I have accomplished so much over the 3 years that I moved from my hometown to the town I now call home here in Iowa.  So much has happened good and bad that it would take me years to remember everything and put it into writing.  The newest goal I have set for myself recently is to be successful in life and in my career.  Sure it’s not a great job but it’s a job.  I want to climb up the ladder and become more than just an employee and I just want to be successful and happy in my life with my family.  That’s not much to ask for is it?

Like Ever Burning Fires,
                        Phoenix Passionfire
*Personal Note- these are my views and no one else’s.  If you can’t take the heat stay the hell away from the fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment