Thursday, October 20, 2011

Principles of Wiccan Belief

As I said in my previous blog I am reading Silver Ravenwolf’s book “To Ride a Silver Broomstick”.  I am not very far into the book and I am at my second ‘project’ that Ravenwolf gives in the book.  This time it is asking for more than just to write a simple letter as before just to get the gears turning.

But I guess in 1974, the Council of American Witches met at their Spring Witchmeet in Minneapolis, MN.  The people of this Council helped create a document called, “Principles of Wiccan Belief”.  The Council created this in an effort to inform and educate the general public and fledgling Witches.  I found a listing of the Principles for you to see.  Click the link here or check my links it will be posted there too. 

I am supposed to read through them which I have a few times now and see which ones I disagree with and I don’t really disagree with any of them.  I tend to be an open minded individual so it is hard for me not to see things from everyone’s view or not to understand it to some extent as to why it ‘is’.  The only one I really have any kind thought on is number ten.

Our only animosity toward Christianity, or toward any other religion or philosophy-of-life, is to the extent that its institutions have claimed to be “the one true right and only way” and have sought to deny freedom to other and to suppress others ways of religious practices and belief.
Now the reason I have though on this one is because from what I have studied of the different pagan faiths of the past; Greek, Roman, Egyptian, ext. is that they too oppressed the people who had began to follow the underground cult that is now known as Christianity.  Yes I said it.  Underground Cult.  Look it up yourself if you don’t believe me.  

 Any who, I do not think it is right to force others to believe what others believe or anything to that effect but I do feel that we as Pagans, and Wiccans that we should have more tolerance to them to overcome that religious barrier.

Other then that I agree with rest of the 13 principles.  Created in  1974 by the Council of American Witches even though the council broke up that year the Principles of Wiccan Belief are still being used to this day.

Like Ever Burning Fires,
                        Phoenix Passionfire

No comments:

Post a Comment