Friday, April 12, 2013

To My Devoted Husband

I remember back when I first met the man that I now call my husband.  It was summer time almost 5 years ago.  We had been chatting online over a dating site and a messenger for a few weeks and I finally got him to drive the 3.5 hours from where he lived to where I lived to meet me.  I remember he wore a black long sleeve shirt, one that had Homer Simpson on it playing air-guitar with the words "Professional Air-guitarist".  Even a black bandana with his long blonde hair hanging out from under it.

Have I ever mentioned how much of a sucker I am for guys with longer hair? *drools* They are sexy! Guys with tattoos rank right up there with them (which my husband has tattoos).

That weekend was a very nice weekend and he spent it with me, my oldest daughter, as well as my mother and sister too since I lived with them at the time.  What man in his right mind hangs out with a girl he just meets mom and sister in the same weekend!?  Well our weekend ended and he returned back to his home even though I protested, big time.  But he had to work, of course!

The next weekend he came back to see me and the weekend after that.  It was then that we decided I was going to go stay with him for a week and see how I liked it.  So we loaded myself and my oldest daughter up and we were off on our way to his home.

This is my favorite part!

The week came and went,  and we discussed waiting another week cause of money and gas prices.  Then it came around to, if I got a job i could just move in there.  Within a week from that point I had a Job at a pizza place i town not even 5 minutes from were we lived at the time.  We have been together since.

 It hasn't been all peaches and cream or daises and roses, though.  

Its been a bumpy road for us with lots of twists and turns and ups and downs.  But some how we have managed to fight our way through it every step of the way.   I mean, we have hit some really bad rough patches to where we were ready to go our separate ways and live our lives.  But we both knew we had something worth fighting for and so we both fought and prevailed!

I have changed so much over the last 5 years that I have been with my Husband.  I was literally on a path of self-destruction and if it wasn't for him i would have destroyed myself and taken everyone around me with me.

He managed to get me to pull myself out of my rear end and realize what I was not only doing to myself but those around me.  My Mom, My Sister, and most of all.  My Daughter.  I was so emotionally disfunctional that it is amazing I didnt drive myself into a loony bin.

My Husband thought I was joking when I told him was Insane.  I wasn't.

My Husband and I have been through some pretty rough patches in our relationship before we got married and since we have been married but I guess what they say is right, You know when you have something worth fighting for and keeping.

I should get to the real reason behind this blog.

My Devoted and Loving Husband.  Thank You so much for everything you have ever done for me through the years.  Thank you for being there when I just needed to cry.  Thank you for being honest with me even if I dont want to hear it.  Thank you for being there for me whenever I have ever needed you.  Thank you, My Beloved Husband, for Loving Me.

I don't care if you already know all this but you are the most amazing, fun, loving, amazing dad, great friend, and awesome husband.  I wish I knew how to express how greatful I am that I have you in my life and how amazing it feels for me to wake up every day knowing that I have someone who loves me.  And I love him.

I look forward to growing old with you and sitting next to you in our recliners while i watch you play your video games like you always have.  I love you, Batman aka My Husband.

*Batman- My term of endearment for my husband.


                                                              -Nix

--P.S. For my Husband I figured I would post the link to the facebook page about the books he has written!   Here is a bit of info about the book snagged off the page.

The Tales of Ryan Foster by J.R. Gridley

The tales of Ryan Foster is about a boy named, you guessed it Ryan Foster who can't remember anything about his life before waking up four years ago in the woods outside a village of swordsmen. The people living in the village take him in and teach him how to use a sword until the day and evil race of creatures called Wulven attack the village. During the battle Ryan unleashes a power he never knew about to save the village, but instead of praising him the people accuse him of being a Terran and he has no choice but to leave the village. He doesn't know it yet, but this single event has set off a chain reaction of things that were set into motion years before, and will change the world of Gaia forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment