Monday, January 2, 2012

Chapter 2

First things first.  Sorry its been a while since my last post and I can see that my last one was about one of my stones.  I still intend on posting more info about the stones I have.  I apologize for not posting in a long time but things have been crazy with my daughter’s birthday and the holidays.  Now it is a New Year and time to put the pedal to the metal and get my butt in gear to do this and start posting.

So much has changed for me in the last few months.  A habit that has had a great hold on me for a long time needs to come to an end.  So I am taking steps to break free of this habit.  I even wrote a spell of sorts asking Isis for her strength to help me become a stronger person and walk away from this horrid habit.  I have faith that I will break free.

Anywho, back to the task at hand.

The book, To Ride a Silver Broomstick, lists various different ‘types’ of witches.  From the Alexandrian Witches to Kitchen Witches to Wiccan Witches.  It asks me to write down the names of the ‘types’ of different witches that interest me along with a brief description of each one of interest.  Calling myself an Egyptian Pagan makes this a little more difficult.

But I will do as it asks.  Maybe I will gain some insight.

Kitchen Witch – A kitchen witch is one who practices by hearth and home.  The deal with the practical side of the religion, magick, the earth and the elements.

Celtic Wicca – Celtic/Druidic pantheon mixed with a little ritual Gardnerian, and heavily stressing the elements, nature and the Ancient Ones.  They have a vast knowledge and respect for the healing and magickal qualities of plants and stones, flowers, trees, elemental spirits, the little people; gnomes, and fairies.

Hereditary Witch – One who can trace the Craft through their family tree who have been taught the Old Religion by a relatives who was living at the same time.

It also asks for me to leave room to add information as I learn about the ones that interest me.  Being as this is my blog  I will add as I need to.

I like how the summary says that we need to remember that no matter what type of witch we claim to be that we must be mindful of what we say when referring to the Craft and keep generalities to a minimum.  Just like each human is different just as the differences in our religion and beliefs are different.

Like Ever Burning Fires,
                Phoenix Passionfire

1 comment:

  1. Hey... I tagged you in a post over at my blog. Here's the link: http://www.magicalmom.net/2012/01/tagged.html You may or may not want to participate. Either way is okay.... hope you're having a good day. <3

    ReplyDelete